- 5 ounces, weight Tuna
- ¼ cups Finely Chopped Red Onion
- ¼ cups Finely Chopped Red Bell Pepper
- 1 whole Fresh Jalapeno, Finely Chopped
- 2 whole Hard Boiled Eggs, Chopped
- 6 whole Sweet Gerkins, Sliced
- ⅓ cups Mayonnaise
- 2 Tablespoons Dijon Mustard
- Splash Of Pickle Juice
- Salt And Pepper, to taste
- 6 whole English Muffins Split
- 12 slices Cheese (Swiss, Provolone, Muenster)
Combine tuna with onion, bell pepper, jalapeno, eggs, and gerkins. Stir in mayonnaise, Dijon, and pickle juice. Add salt and pepper. Taste and adjust seasonings as needed; be sure not to undersalt.
Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
Place English muffin halves on a large cookie sheet. Place a large spoonful of tuna salad on each of the twelve English muffin halves. Use the spoon to spread/flatten. Put pan into the oven for five minutes, then briefly remove and lay a slice of cheese on each muffin. Return to oven and turn on broiler. Watch carefully to avoid burning; bake until cheese is melted and bubbly.
Remove from oven and serve immediately.